As many of our clients will already be aware, the COVID-19 – or novel coronavirus – situation is rapidly developing and, as a result, many businesses are being affected. Ahoy Hire has been carefully monitoring the situation and would like to inform our loyal customers that we will be continuing operations and business as usual.
Ahoy Hire has always maintained impeccable hygiene standards and practices, with all of our hire equipment undergoing thorough cleaning after each project. Our portable toilets, in particular, are incredibly hygienic. After each hire period they pumped and cleaned with chemical disinfectant treatments. Not only does this ensure that the portable toilets are fresh and comfortable to use, this helps to mitigate contamination and the spread of any viruses, such as COVID-19.
Emergency Pump and Clean Services
Additionally, Ahoy Hire offers emergency pump and clean call-out services. This means that, if you have any concerns regarding the cleanliness or hygiene of the portable toilets you have hired, we are able to come and chemically clean and disinfect them on site.
This service is particularly valuable as the virus continues to spread and people who have used the portable toilet may be suspected to have contracted COVID-19.
Other precautions that Ahoy Hire are taking to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading include:
- All workers are advised to refrain from physical contact where possible, including not shaking hands
- All workers are advised to regularly using hand sanitiser and disinfectant
- All workers are advised to avoid touching their face, particularly eyes, nose and mouth when possible
- All workers are advised to follow general hygiene protocols, such as coughing or sneezing into their elbow or a tissue, and washing hands thoroughly and regularly
- If any of our workers have been overseas recently, are sick or are showing any symptoms, they are strictly advised to stay home and self-isolate for 14 days
How You Can Help
As we are taking these extra precautions to ensure the safety of our customers, we kindly request that our customers similarly respect the health of Ahoy Hire’s workers by following the Australian Government’s Department of Health guidelines regarding best health practices.
This is a confusing and difficult time for everyone, which is why Ahoy Hire is committed to doing everything we can to ensure the health and safety of our customers and workers. We are keeping up to date with all relevant updates as the situation continues to change and will let you know if any of our regular operations or services change.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation during this time.